QR Code Link to This Post
Premier Magnesia, LLC, is the only producer of Magnesium Oxide from a natural deposit of ore in North America. Premier Magnesia, LLC, is also the oldest, continuously operating mine in Nevada (1940), with a mine life expectancy to take you to retirement. If you are looking for wide open spaces, high sierra desert/mountains to call your backyard, and a management team that is embracing change, Gabbs, NV, is the place for you.
This is a rural employer with habitable communities 69 miles away (Hawthorne, NV) and 83 miles away (Fallon, NV) or in the mining town located 3 miles from mine site (Gabbs, NV). www.premiermagnesia.com
MAINTENANCE MECHANIC position open for millwright work; minimum of 4 years' experience as a full Millwright - no apprenticeships or apprentices. Job includes but is not limited to: repair of conveyor belts, bucket elevators, crushers, ball mills, screens, pumps, etc. Experience in industrial construction and/or repair may count.
Hourly Wage: $30.05/hour, varied schedule/40 hours per week. Medical, Vision, Dental and 401K, vacation after 6 months, Safety Bonus and Perfect Attendance Bonus.
Job requires a thorough knowledge of the load bearing capabilities of the equipment used as well as an understanding of blueprints and technical instructions. Primary purpose of installing, maintaining, upgrading and fabricating machinery and equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, and other drawings in industrial establishment.
Typical duties include:
• Read blueprints and schematic drawings to determine work procedures. Dismantle machinery or equipment, using hammers, wrenches, crowbars, and other hand tools.
• Moves machinery and equipment, using hoists, dollies, rollers, and trucks.
• Assembles and installs equipment, such as shafting, conveyors, and tram rails, using hand tools and power tools.
• Constructs foundation for machines, using hand tools and building materials, such as wood cement, and steel.
• Aligns machines and equipment, using hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, lasers, and plumb bobs.
• Assembles machinery and bolts, welds, rivets, or otherwise fastens them to foundation or other structures, using hand tools and power tools.
• May operate engine lathe or milling machine to grind, file, and turn machine parts to dimensional specifications.
• Required repair and lubricate machinery and equipment.
• Selects cables, ropes, chains, pulleys, winches, blocks, and sheaves, according to weight and size of load to be moved.
• Attaches load with grappling devices, such as loops, wires, ropes, and chains, to crane hook.
• Sets up, braces, and rigs hoisting equipments, using hand tools and power wrenches.
• May direct workers engaged in hoisting of machinery and equipment.
• In addition may perform all duties of General Laborer, Skilled Laborer and Carpenter and possibly electrician.
Should be able to:
• Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
• Follow instructions and read blueprints.
• Look at flat drawings or pictures and visualize how they would look as solid objects.
• Work at heights without fear.
• Use logical step-by-step procedures in work.
• Plan work and solve problems.
• Make decisions based on measurable information.
• Perform a variety of duties which may change often; and operate machinery.
Millwrights must be physically able to:
• Coordinate eye-hand movements;
• Use hands and fingers fully; reach for, manipulate, and feel objects; stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl;
• Climb and maintain body balance on ladders, scaffolding, or high structures; and see and hear well (either naturally or with correction);
• Lift and carry objects weighing up to 100 pounds.
• Stoop, lay, bend or squat for long periods of time.
• Premier Magnesia, LLC, is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all
• employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or
• gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Premier Magnesia, LLC, also complies with all
• applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Submit resumes to fax number 775-285-4021 or respond to this ad.
This job is open only to Lawful Permanent Residents (as defined by 8 U.S.C. §1101(a)(20)), or Protected Individuals (as defined by 8 U.S.C. §1324b(a)(3), namely, U.S. Citizens, Refugees, and Asylees.